Very scary and sad episode… Warning: this post will reveal the identity of the Jack the Ripper and has some other spoilers – view at your own risk!
This episode featured minimal amount of comedy and focused on some serious aspects, but some funny moments were still present. I was very surprised to see that Jack the Ripper is Madam Red’s butler! :O He is too scary… I’ll have difficulty sleeping now. His most important contribution though is the anti-Ranka sign 😛 Madam Red’s story was very sad… 😦
While I got the gist from the visual presentation and my limited Japanese, I did miss some details: the motive of Madame Red. Fortunately, Impz wrote the summary of the episode and clarified the issue. This is a brief summary:
- During the chess game, Ciel tells Madam Red that he is resolute to avenge the murder of his parents.
- Gureru (Grell) = Madam Red’s Butler = Shinigami
- Victims were patients who had an abortion in Madam Red’s clinic
- Ciel is the son of Madam Red’s sister
- Madam Red hated her her red-colored hair and loved Ciel’s father who married her sister
- She married eventually, but her husband died in a tragic accident and the accident made her infertile
- Her infertility gave rise the hatred toward prostitutes who were making the abortions
- Grell noticed and joined Madam Red when she killed her first victim.
- Can the devil (Sebastian) beat the god (Shinigami Grell)?