All my articles related to Japan were grouped under one category, but I created several new ones to make the browsing easier. Check out the new categories and you might discover something you might have missed. Also I listed some interesting articles in this post for each category 🙂
I highly recommend watching Bandō Tamasaburō V’s performance and interview. He is a Kabuki actor and one of the most famous onnagata (actor specializing in female roles) currently.
Only two articles in this category so far. Kawaisouna Zou (Poor Elephants) by Yukio Tsuchiya is a very touching story.
- Bless Your Computer at Shinto Shrine
- Virtual Wife Will Take Care of You
- Manga Raconteur Narrates with Passion
- Rental Oneesan
- “The Second Battle” of Okinawa
- Why Japanese Women Attack Their Children?
I plan to cover Kurosawa films eventually 🙂
- Right Place: Best Short Film (Cannes 2006)
- Tokyo International Film Festival Winners
- Naisu no Mori: The First Contact
- Old Photographs of the Bakumatsu-Meiji Periods
- Izumo Taisha: Oldest Shinto Shrine in Japan
- Kido Shunzo and Kyugun
- Remembering Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- “Kuzunoha no Kowakare” by Tsukioka Yukiko
- Taiko – Japanese Drumming Videos
- Oedo no Hikeshi – Smoke on the Water
- Photographs of Japanese Mountains
- Yakushima Forests
- Japanese Style Gardens
- Japanese Autumn Photographs
- Japan is the Worst Place to Work
- Japan’s Young Turn to Communism
- Japanese LDP Official Blames US Financial Bailout Failure on Woman Speaker
- Taro Aso: Guts and Guns
- What Japanese Prime Minister Candidates Think of Yasukuni Shrine?
- Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda Apologizes for Japan’s Attacks on Asian Countries During the War
- Status Symbols in Japan
- Dating: Japanese Occupation Preferences
- What Disappearing Items Make Japanese Lonely?