Warning: This video may contain disturbing images.
It’s me knocking at the doors,
The doors – one by one,
I’m not visible to your eyes,
The dead are invisible.
Since I died at Hiroshima,
almost ten years have passed.
I’m a seven year old girl
Dead children do not grow up.
First my hair caught fire
Then my eyes burnt out
I became a handful of ashes
My ashes blown in the air.
I’m knocking at your door
Aunts and uncles, give me a signature
So the children won’t be killed
And so they can eat candy.
Translated by Yurtsever1923
Graphical recreation of pre-bombing Hiroshima [via Japan Probe]
This is a brief list of the current and some past coverage. The US survey results are sad…
- Hiroshima, Nagasaki Atom Bombs Was Right Decision According To Majority Of Americans [via Mari Diary]
- Debate over the atomic bombings
- ‘Mass killing of civilians by indiscriminate bombing’ condemned by International Peoples’ Tribunal
- Purpose of remembering
- My plan to achieve nuclear disarmament
- Strive for nuclear disarmament
- U.S. nuclear umbrella crucial: Aso
- On anniversary of A-bombing, Hiroshima mayor says ‘yes we can’ to no more nukes
- Message to Obama: ‘No child should be forced to experience nothing but war’
- Hiroshima sides with Obama on nukes