Disregarding my bias to SHAFT works, this anime has the best set of staff this season and the cast is quite good as well.
- Director: Junichi Sato (Aria, Junkers Come Here, Kaleido Star, Princess Tutu, Pretear, Sailor Moon)
- Series Composition: Yuka Yamada (Mushishi)
- Screenplay: Reiko Yoshida (Aria, Boys Over Flowers, Corda D’Oro, Ghost Hunt, Kaleido Star, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Samurai X: Reflection, Tokyo Mew Mew)
- Music: Ken Muramatsu (Kure-nai)
- Art director: Shichiro Kobayashi (Angel’s Egg, Berserk, Kimagure Orange Road, Nodame Cantabile, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Tokyo Marble Chocolate)
- Kana Asumi as Marin
- Yui Horie as Urin
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Kojima
Opening – “violet” by marble
Ending – “Tōmei na Inori (透明な祈り)” by Masumi Itō ( So cute! 🙂 )
The first episode is quite impressive primarily due Shichiro Kobayashi’s soft backgrounds and Ken Muramatsu’s tranquil music.
Priestess signing to the sea was my favorite scene. Although her voice is not very good, the landscape and music create a pleasant atmosphere 🙂
Unfortunately, character design does not fit my taste and prevents me from fully enjoying this anime. I am sure many other people will cover this show though because everything else is great.